A beautifully crafted fusion of aesthetics, function, and comfort, Hans J. Wegner’s CH72 sofa was first presented in 1952 at the Danish Furniture Design exhibition in Copenhagen. Featuring compact proportions and a slimline frame, the two-seater sofa is perfectly suited to a smaller home. Its flowing form is also a pleasure to behold from all angles, making it an ideal choice for an open-plan space.
A thorough understanding of craftsmanship and upholstery allowed the iconic Danish designer to conceive this sofa, the design of which is realized with a series of complex techniques – in particular, where the fabric meets the slim wooden armrests. The CH72 sofa is characterized by a sculptural, fully upholstered frame, a loose seat cushion, and elegant tapered legs in solid wood. The armrests and legs are available in oak and walnut with various finishes, while upholstery fabrics come in an array of colors and textures.
Dimensions: 51.2" W x 28.3" D x 33.1" H, Seat: 16.1" H
- Legs: solid wood
- Seat/back: solid beech, flame retardant cold foam CMHR
- Fabric Group 1: Kvadrat Forest Nap, Kvadrat Remix 2, Kvadrat Clara 2, Kvadrat Canvas 2, Gabriel Mood, Gabriel Capture
- Fabric Group 2: Kvadrat Hallingdal 65, Kvadrat Molly 2
- Fabric Group 3: Kvadrat Fiord
- Fabric Group 4: Kvadrat Divina Melange 3
CARL HANSEN & SON