Throughout his life, PH sought to create glare-free lighting; aiming to direct light where it was most needed, and creating soft shadows while using incandescent bulbs as a light source. PH 3/2½ Bollard is a member of the three-shade family and is one of 19 versions available today. PH was the first person to pursue a scientific approach to light and use the logarithmic spiral as a basis. By using a design based on the logarithmic spiral he achieved even distribution of light over the entire curve of the shade. This even light distribution, together with the diffuse reflection through the glass, made it possible to control glare and shadow. PH 3/2½ Bollard was introduced in 2005.
- Top shade: Spun stainless steel
- Middle/lower shade: Spun stainless steel
- Shade holder: Die-formed glass
- Post: Stainless steel
- Base plate: Stainless steel
- Wet Rated
- Overall: 11.7" Dia. x 35.8" Height
- Base: 5.9 Dia.
- LED and Incandescent compatible
- 1 x 15W 120V E26 (medium base) type A19 LED lamp (not included)